Well, after learning about these fabulous little machines, I haven’t quite crowned myself Queen Geek, but I feel like I can actually make it go…..and actually make it work. It’s no wonder EMC has 40% of the storage market share.
With the popularity of virtualization and the cloud, storage is becoming even more vital for all size of business, but EMC developed the VNX/VNXe especially for the SMB market.
Designed for IT generalists, the VNXe series enables complete storage consolidation with advanced file and block functionality as well as a simple, application-centric approach to managing shared storage. The VNXe series provides significant advancements in simplicity, efficiency, and affordability, including:
• Unisphere application-driven wizards, which make VNXe series easy to install, provision, and manage. An online eco-system simplifies maintenance.
• A new architecture with integrated file (CIFS, NFS) and block (iSCSI) functionality, and a 6 Gb/s SAS back-end infrastructure.
• A small footprint (starts at 2U), with a real-world configuration under $10,000.
• A departmental or ROBO platform that can replicate to VNX series in the data center.
• Data efficiency services, such as file deduplication/compression and thin provisioning.
- Intel 5500 series processors for processing power
- The VNX/VNXe can run without a host server and is compatible with all brands of
These are just a few of the benefits to using the VNX/VNXe. For more information you can visit me at www.velocitytechsolutions.com .